Moving into a new house is a great way to start a new chapter of your life. When you buy and move into a new home, you’re opening up to new possibilities. Those new possibilities will certainly come in the form of the new people that you will meet and get to know in your new neighborhood.
Take the pain out of moving into a new house
Your entire environment will change, especially if you move into a new house that’s located in a different part of town or a completely different city or state. Move by the seat of your pants or haphazardly and you could feel overwhelmed in no time flat. The below five steps could save you time, headache, stress and regret.Those savings alone could enliven your spirit and renew your commitment to living the best life possible, especially as you open up to not only moving into a new home, but to also accepting new, personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Pack similar items together – It can take hours to unpack a one bedroom house, let alone a three or five bedroom house. To get those hours back, pack clothes, shoes, hats and other fashion accessories together. Pack dishes together. Put all furniture accessories, like decorative pillows, in the same box.
- Label items – Put clear labels on boxes and large items. This takes the guess work out of packing and unpacking.
- Schedule utilities in advance – Contact utility companies and have your electricity, water, gas and other utilities turned on before you move in. You’re going to need running water and electricity on day one.
- Build a team – Reach out to friends and relatives and build a team of movers. Choose people who have moved an entire house at least once, preferably twice. The more experienced people are at moving, the more shortcuts they generally know about.
- Contact information – Write down relevant contact information. For instance, have the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of babysitters, pet sitters, utility companies, cable companies and packers and unpackers that you might use. Put the contact information in the same location. Your cell phone is a great place to store this information.
Take it easy on yourself when you move into your new home
If you’ve been struggling to take the required steps to finally pursue a passion, hobby or business endeavor, moving into a new house could be the inspiration that helps you to launch forward. A move leaves your brain with no option but to except that something major has changed. Instead of putting on the brakes and refusing to accept the change, take the right steps to make your house move go as smoothly as possible.
The steps mentioned in this article may shorten the time that you spend packing,unpacking and getting acclimated to your new house and your new neighborhood. You could use that saved time to strike up conversations with your new neighbors and explore the social, education, spiritual, community and entertainment offerings near your new home. You could also use the time to fill out and submit paperwork to launch your new business or to deepen relationships with your family and friends.